The Wikia Chat feature is an on-site live chat that registered users may utilise to communicate with others in real time. The feature may be accessed through a pop-up window at Special:Chat, or by entering via the right navigation rail in Special:WikiActivity. Note that the chat only works with the Oasis skin, and as such you are redirected to the Oasis version by aforementioned link.
Rules (Inside of Chat)
- Follow the policies. Choosing to ignore these requests will result in a chat moderator taking action.
- Offensive or otherwise hurtful language that is derogatory or discriminatory towards groups or individuals is unacceptable. Pejoratives are not tolerated, whether they are meant to be hate speech towards their defined target in a particular context or not. Discrimination includes but is not limited to slurring or degradation of any type of or regarding gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, nationality, religion, entertainment preferences, etc.
- Do not talk about or do anything illegal in nature. There may be entire topics which are illegal. This does indeed include any discussions about drugs, murder or any topic which is not seemed suitable in chat. Chat moderators and administrators have the right to decide what is suitable.
- Do not engage in spamming or advertising.
- Advertising is linking or speaking of another Wiki, website, youtube channel, blog, etc. with the intent of making other users visit. This is not tolerated and the user will have action taken against him/her.
- Spamming is the unwanted/un-needed action of repeating/posting unwanted content. Although spamming is technically allowed, excessive spamming is indeed an offence and will not be tolerated.
- Users may speak in whichever language they wish so long as it isn't excessive or disruptive; however, they should speak in English if requested to do so in order to ensure that everyone understands them.
- Disruption includes intentionally trying to irritate or harass other users. This may be by spamming, insulting, or intentionally joining and leaving the chat. It may include offences not listed here; action taken is up to the discretion of the moderators.
- Respect other users' warnings; if asked to discontinue a discussion on a certain topic, please do so. Use common sense.
If you wish to have a chatbot in the chatroom, there must be consensus to do so. Please make a request on the administrator's noteboard outlining what the bot's purpose is in the chatroom, as well as the advantages when running it. If there is a successful bot request, the bot's commands should be documented on a subpage of either the owner's or the bot's userpage. If the bot promotes spamming in the chatroom, the bot might be removed from the chatroom or have a command removed. Any unapproved bots as well, will be removed from the chatroom.
Current chatbots run in the chatroom are as follows:
|Hypercane Bot (mostly active)||Hypercane||Logs the wiki's chatroom as well as produce statistics||(promoted automatically)|
|Playten Bot (mostly active)||Hurricane Layten||Logs the wiki's chatroom as well as produce statistics||(promoted by admins)|
|Baron Kobe (mostly active)||Bobnekaro||Logs the wiki's chatroom as well as produce statistics||(promoted by admins)|
|PassionFruitMaster (semi-active)||StrawberryMaster||Logs the wiki's chatroom||Link|
- If you see a link posted in chat, or private messaged to you by someone you do not know or trust, it is advised that you do not click it.
- If another user has private messaged you inappropriate content, you can contact a Chat moderator through private message.
A list of current chat bans can be found here.
Active chat moderators
|Username||Talk page||Contributions||Log actions|
|Chapsteck4yurlipis (promoted by admins)||Talk||Contributions||Log actions|
|Brickcraft1 (promoted by admins)||Talk||Contributions||Log actions|
|Hurricane Layten (Successful RfCM)||Talk||Contributions||Log actions|
Inactive chat moderators
- Place inactive chat moderators here.
Former chat moderators
- Place former chat moderators here.
- Unintentional join and leave spammers should be kicked. They are free to rejoin when they believe the problem has been fixed.
- General spammers (such as repeated advertising, repeatedly posting links, repeatedly posting random text, etc.) should be banned for around three days. This should be extended for repeat offenders.
- More serious infringements, such as posting dangerous/offensive links, should be punished with a longer ban than for general spamming, such as a week or longer.
Remember that the above points are strictly guidelines. It is up to the banning moderator to decide on the actual ban time.