The Wikia Chat feature is an on-site live chat that registered users may utilize to communicate with others in real time. The feature may be accessed through a pop-up window at Special:Chat, or by entering via the right navigation rail in Special:WikiActivity. Note that the chat only works with the Oasis skin, and as such you are redirected to the Oasis version by aforementioned link. The guidelines stated here also apply to the off-site wiki Discord chat.
Rules (Inside of Chat)
- Follow the policies. Choosing to ignore these requests will result in a chat moderator or higher taking action.
- Offensive or otherwise hurtful language that is derogatory or discriminatory towards groups or individuals is unacceptable. Pejoratives are not tolerated, whether they are meant to be hate speech towards their defined target in a particular context or not. Discrimination includes but is not limited to slurring or degradation of any type of or regarding gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, nationality, religion, entertainment preferences, etc.
- Do not talk about or do anything illegal in nature. There may be entire topics which are illegal. This does indeed include any discussions about drugs, murder or any topic which is not seemed suitable in chat. Chat moderators and administrators have the right to decide what is suitable.
- Do not engage in spamming or advertising.
- Advertising is linking or speaking of another Wiki, website, YouTube channel, blog, etc. with the intent of making other users visit. Advertising without explicit authorization from any administration member will not be tolerated and the user will have action taken against him/her.
- Spamming is the unwanted/unneeded action of repeating/posting unwanted content. We discourage excessive spamming in the main channels. Spamming is indeed an offense and will not be tolerated. In Discord, spamming must be done in the
- Users may speak in whichever language they wish so long as it isn't excessive or disruptive; however, they should speak in English if requested to do so in order to ensure that everyone understands them.
- Disruption includes intentionally trying to irritate or harass other users. This may be by spamming, insulting, or intentionally joining and leaving the chat. It may include offenses not listed here; action taken is up to the discretion of the moderators.
- Respect other users' warnings; if asked to discontinue a discussion on a certain topic, please do so. Use common sense.
If you wish to have a chat bot in the chatroom, there must be consensus to do so. Please make a request on the administrator's noteboard outlining what the bot's purpose is in the chatroom, as well as the advantages when running it. If there is a successful bot request, the bot's commands should be documented on a subpage of either the owner's or the bot's userpage. If the bot promotes spamming in the chatroom, the bot might be removed from the chatroom or have a command removed. Any unapproved bots as well, will be removed from the chatroom.
Current chat bots run in the chatroom (applies only to the wiki chat) are as follows:
|Hypercane Bot (semi-active)||Hypercane||Logs the wiki's chatroom as well as produce statistics||(promoted automatically)|
|Baron Kobe (semi-active)||Bobnekaro||Logs the wiki's chatroom as well as produce statistics||(promoted by admins)|
|PassionFruitMaster (semi-active)||StrawberryMaster||Logs the wiki's chatroom||Link|
- If you see a link posted in chat, or private messaged to you by someone you do not know or trust, it is advised that you do not click it.
- If another user has private messaged you inappropriate content, you can contact a Chat moderator through private message.
A list of current chat bans can be found here.
Current chat moderators
|Username||Talk page||Contributions||Log actions|
- Unintentional join and leave spammers should be kicked. They are free to rejoin when they believe the problem has been fixed.
- General spammers (such as repeated advertising, repeatedly posting links, repeatedly posting random text, etc.) should be banned for around three days. This should be extended for repeat offenders.
- More serious infringements, such as posting dangerous/offensive links, should be punished with a longer ban than for general spamming, such as a week or longer.
Remember that the above points are strictly guidelines. It is up to the banning moderator to decide on the actual ban time.